Submission Guidelines & FAQ

Submission Guidelines

How to pitch to The Kiosk

Guidelines:

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I submit my work or idea to The Kiosk?

You can submit your ideas either via email or our Google form

What kind of content does The Kiosk accept?

The Kiosk is open to various types of content, with a focus on journalistic writing about the school and students. However, we also welcome multimedia submissions, including photography, videography, podcasts, and more. Feel free to reach out to us with your ideas!

Is there a word limit for submissions?

We recommend articles to be between 200-800 words. Depending on the content, we will also accept longer articles. 

Is it necessary to follow the AP Stylebook for submissions?

It is not necessary to follow the AP Stylebook for submissions, but encouraged. Our editorial team will review your writing before publication, providing you with an opportunity to receive feedback.

Do I need to be a current CUNY SPS student to submit?

While we mainly encourage current CUNY SPS students to submit, we are open to alumni contributing if the topic is relevant to their time at the school.

Does The Kiosk offer any compensation or recognition for published work?

Currently, we do not offer monetary compensation. However, we are working on a system to allow students to receive credits for their contributions. Publishing for The Kiosk can also serve as valuable experience on your resume for career development.

Does The Kiosk offer any resources or support for students unfamiliar with journalistic writing or multimedia production?

Yes, we hold open editorial meetings every Wednesday each semester to discuss story ideas and give feedback to writers. If you’re interested, reach out to us via email to get information about meeting invites and times.

How do I sign for The Kiosk’s newsletter?

You can sign up for the newsletter by following this link.

Can I submit content that I previously wrote?

Yes, you can submit content you’ve written before, as long as it hasn’t been published elsewhere.

How frequently does The Kiosk publish new content, and are there specific deadlines for submissions?

We aim to publish at least 2 articles a week. There are no general submissions deadlines, but we will communicate with you directly about when we’re looking for your submission.

Keep in Touch

Reach out to us with any questions or comments!

Contact Us

CUNY School of Professional Studies c/o The Kiosk 119 West 31st Street New York, NY 10001

Social Media